Hello

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by BillS22, Feb 17, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member to take part in Discussions, post News and Reviews and to enjoy members only features. Registration is FREE and just takes a minute only. Have a Nice Day!
  1. BillS22

BillS22 New Member Newbie

Hi
    I'm very happy to find a Mirrorless Forum.
    I'm a serious photo enthusiast. I shoot weddings and portraits for friends, but mostly enjoy photography as a hobby
    I own two very nice DSLR's, D600 and D7000. But these cameras are starting to feel a little heavy in my over 60 hands.
    Don't get me wrong, my cameras are fine instruments, but at my age they are becoming a little heavy.
    In my film years I would had moved to a Range Finder.

I'm looking for a Mirrorless Camera that is light and will give me the performance I'm used to from my DSLR's.
    Interchangeable lenses, although not absolutely necessary, but good high ISO performance and good Dynamic Range.
    Thanks in advanced,
    Bill

α-One likes this.
  2. α-One

α-One Founder Admin

Great to have u here Bill... I know what u mean... There plenty of options out there. Let's see your budget & other options..Then we can guide u! Welcome to mirrorlessforums.
    Dan

3. BillS22

The Sony A7 isn't out of the picture, but I'd prefer a camera that's not a first generation.
    Picture IQ is my highest priority. My D600 takes beautiful photos. The wide dynamic range and high ISO capability, combined, makes for beautiful photos is tough lighting conditions.
    Ken Rockwell's review of Fuji X100S demonstrated stunning photos, that I think that's a fixed lens camera.

4. α-One

α-One Founder Admin

To be honest, probably you wont see mirrorless competing with DSLR in every aspect of a camera... D600 is FF and as you said Sony A-7 or A-7R is the onyl FF yet in mirrorless world and also only mirrorless to meet 24MP value of D600 as well. Image quality and noise level at high ISO just come under D600, like narrowly missing... You probably wont see any FF from Fuji , Olympus or Panasonic this year... We dont know the folllow up of A-7 this year either... If you opt for A-7 ( i presume A-7R is out of the budget) Full frame lenses very short, but will be added slowy up and we will see from other companies more soon... But option is there to use almost all lenses with adapter with cropping...

Now Fuji X100s is very good image quality, yes, the little fixed lens is very impressive i heard. But you are going down from a FF to little smaller APS-C one , but Fuji always impressed image quality with their X-series and XF lenses. Another best thing is with Fuji is their awesome support and follow up to their cameras by firmware updates to fix issues.

I see you should have some Nikkor lenses in hand. Fancy using them with A-7 with an adapter?. Have you considered Olympus E-M1? ( bit more pricy )

I also see you relucant to buy A-7 because of the first generation, but i think Sony did not let down customers by this 'first generation' anyway.. It was the camera of 2013 for many photo/camera sites. Also impressive on video side too

Hoping to see you around more often....

5. BillS22

I ordered the Fuji X-T1.

6. α-One

α-One Founder Admin

Its a great camera.. May be their best after X100s. Good decision... I didn't mention X-T1 coz , it's just weeks after announcement, actual customer experience yet to be known. It still 2nd on best selling list for mirrorless at amazon. And its almost 1/3rd less weight compared to D600..
    I hope you will post some samples here when u get it

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  7. α-One

α-One Founder Admin

@BillS22 You probably know already about the more options in Alpha series - great device in A7R mark II

8. admissionqad1211

admissionqad1211 New Member Newbie

hello everyone.... how u all??? this is mallesh having 5+ years of experience.... we help students to get admission in top colleges in bangalore, karnataka, india....

9. α-One

α-One Founder Admin

Hope you are looking to find some camera/photography info here, not admssion/college stuff ;)