Review Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2 lens reviews and official samples

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Mirrorless Camera Reviews' started by α-One, Jan 21, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member to take part in Discussions, post News and Reviews and to enjoy members only features. Registration is FREE and just takes a minute only. Have a Nice Day!
  1. α-One

α-One Founder Admin

Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2 lens impressions by photographers
    Fujifilm announced the portrait prime lens earlier this month along with Black X100s. Pre-Orders has been available since the same day and it will be shipping on April 6th 2014(as per AmazonUS current information). There have been few reviews already and great impressions of the lens particularly from Fujifilm X Photographer (freelance) based in Canada and another Canadian fashion photographer Nathan Elson etc. All images and samples taken from their respective reviews (just to give an idea) and are linked to the reivew pages. Worth reading and checking before buying this new lens.
    [​IMG]

Patrick La Roque's Review
    First review is by Patrick La Roque, and he is greatly happy about his new toy in XF 56mm. He says "Seriously, this is Fujifilm’s at its best". The above image of XF56mm is shot by him using XF 60mm, he said. He said the new can also can be used outside studio as well, and he experimented to shoot some family outdoors as well. But can not be the choice for some landscape photography. I took couple of samples from his portraits, posted below and you can read full review from here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nathan Elson's take on XF 56mm lens
    The next review is by another guy from Canada as well, Nathan Elson, a fashion Photographer (his works are there in Official samples on X-photographer site). His Fashion shoot Behind the scenes video is below along with some samples.
    His opinion is "Being a portrait shooter, this lens is a great fit for me, and does everything I want it to in a much smaller footprint than my Nikon D800 + 85mm f/1.4G. I will definitely be adding it to my camera bag as soon as it becomes available." He says, he is not an real gear tester as he doesnt analyse all aspects of it, eg: Shooting in different conditions etc, but if he likes one, he will take it for an real work and if it impresses him, he will keep it. Read the full article here

Sample shots from Nathan Elson's fashion shoot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More samples can be seen on official fujifilm website here
    The samples images shown above are reuploaded to flicker to be compliant with secure connection mirrorlessoforums.com uses.

Video review of 56mm f/1.2 lesn by Bert Stephani from Belgium(also a Fuji X photographer- mostly porttrait)

By the way below is the Fujifilm X-series lens roasmap.
    Fujifilm Fujinon XF lens Roadmap
    [​IMG]