Review Fujifilm X-E2 camera review round-up- all written and video reviews

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Mirrorless Camera Reviews' started by α-One, Jan 19, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member to take part in Discussions, post News and Reviews and to enjoy members only features. Registration is FREE and just takes a minute only. Have a Nice Day!
  1. α-One

α-One Founder Admin

Fujifilm X-E2 camera reviews from different Camera experts
    Fujifilm announced the successor of X-E1 in October 2013 and it has been a good upgrade for it so far. Most of the reviews were positive and its excellent image quality has been praised all over. Any flaws in the software had already been fixed via firmware updates and Fuji has shown their brilliant support in that department in past too unlike other manufacturers who are eager to get on with new released and forgetting to support their previous flagships. I thought of gathering all the X-E2 reviews written or video from all over from internet, so everything in one place.

[​IMG]
    1. Review by Matt Brandon of digitaltrekker from philippines - this is the guy who sold Canon EOS 5D Mark III and baught X-E2
    His conclusion- "I can say with certainty that even after only two weeks of (daily) use I have no regrets trading my Canon 5D MKIII for the Fujifilm X-E2. None whatsoever. This camera is everything I had hoped for when I first bought the X-Pro1. The X-Pro1 was a a great start and frankly there is a good chance that the X-E2 would not be the camera that it is today without it. Fujifilm has built on it success and unlike other camera companies, it has listened to it’s users. Fujifilm is a company that I am excited to watch."

Link to full review : Click here

2. Great review by Phoblographer- Their opinion- "The X-E2 performs wonderfully for street and event photography, and its vintage aesthetic will have folks thinking your shooting with film. I find that this tends to be less intimidating to folks on the street. Point a D800 in someone’s direction and they might skulk away."

Go here to read the review : See here

3. Another detailed review by photographylife
    Summary - "the Fuji X line is now one of the best mirrorless systems on the market. With the X-E2 leading the X series cameras (until the X-Pro2 hits the market sometime in 2014), it is a no-brainer for anyone that wants to get into the Fuji ecosystem. Its image quality is amazing, overall performance is very impressive and the camera is a pure joy to use. My only concern at the moment is its autofocus hiccups with the phase detection system, but I am sure that Fuji will address those in a firmware update pretty soon.

Read the analysis here

4. The techradar review is also here. Their Verdict -"The X-E2 isn't designed to appeal to novice photographers, but many enthusiasts will love it. The key features are within easy reach, there's an excellent viewfinder and the images are also superb – especially the raw files."

See their review here

5. Whatdigitalcamera magazine review- they say "Most importantly there's no compromise in image quality, with the quality of results and detail rendered making it an excellent substitute to a more unwieldy APS-C DSLR. The X-E2 is to put it simply, a stunning camera that's up there as one of the most attractive on the market and an absolute pleasure to use."

Full article and sample images etc can be seen here

6. A different review by soundimageplus- comparison to Sony A7-R (the fullframe 36.3MP one )- he comapred X-E2 to A7-R with all ISO settings and has verdict like 'lower ISO A7-R has edge over fuji model, but at higher settings X-E2 performs well- but looking at images i see still A7-R is better like lower ISOs.
    To read the comparison review click here

7. A great review by admiringlight team- "When Fuji released the X-E1, they created a camera with great image quality and great controls, but a lot of small issues with performance and operation. With the X-E2, Fuji has addressed nearly every complaint I had about the X-E1. They’ve improved focusing speed, made usable continuous autofocus, improved the EVF lag, improved the rear screen, made the camera more responsive, both in shutter lag, processing, image writing and operation. They’ve added a few nice features like the digital split image focusing and WiFi capability while improving the core user experience all around. The result is a very polished and capable mirrorless camera. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that many other cameras have, but the ones it does have are focused on improving the shooting experience. Nikon’s new Df was supposed to be focused on ‘pure photography.’ The X-E2 does that concept right."

Read their full review of X-E2 by clicking here

8. I'm not forgetting DPreview here. Their review is next. "the X-E2 looks like it will offer serious photographers a compelling mixture of high image quality, excellent ergonomics and overall responsiveness that should make it a serious contender among mirrorless models at this price point."
    ]
    For full review is here

9. Fstoppers review from New York- I want to quote 2 sentences from his conclusion. "First, the image quality is phenomenal. Yes, part of that is the camera body, and part of that is the glass but Fuji has done a great job of working it’s lenses and bodies together to produce outstanding results. Secondly, and almost more importantly, the camera just lets me capture the moments I want and is a lot of fun to use."
    Go here and read the review - fstoppers

10. Photographyblog review of X-E2 - "The new Fujifilm X-E2 offers more features, better handling and importantly faster performance than its predecessor, which we already loved, making it our favourite X-series camera and one of the best compact system cameras around. Fujifilm have clearly listened to their users and produced a camera that may look very much like the original X-E1, but which improves on it in virtually all ways."

Go and read- its all positives about this camera - photographyblog

11. Next is ePhotozine review- "The Fujifilm X-E2 is without doubt capable of delivering excellent images and has a growing and appealing range of high quality lenses available. With an emphasis on quality the camera and lenses are quite expensive, however the price is quite easily justified not only by the image quality on offer, but the high build quality of the camera and lenses. Highly Recommended", they say.

Review here

12. From the Pocket-lint, another review- "The Fujifilm X-E2 gets plenty right. Although, ultimately, it's a subtle upgrade compared to its predecessor."
    To read the full article, the link is here

Video Reviews of X-E2

1. TheCameraStoreTV review- Field test by Nathan Elson

2. Fuji Guys review - Three videos
    Part1-
    Part2-
    Part3-

3. The HybridPhoto.Pro review

4. German Photographer Ralf Spoerer's take